Bitchings Galore!

Saturday, September 09, 2006

2 Months?

I went for an interview yesterday morning. Had to wake up early in the morning to drive up to Shah Alam for the interview. During my interview, the interviewer asked me if i really wanted this job because i would be offshore for 2 months at a time and only have a 4-day break in between the time offshore. 2 months? WTF? 4 days break only? WTF? I thought it would be the standard 2 weeks offshore and 2 weeks break rotation. This i could adapt because at the end of 2 weeks of hard work, i had 2 weeks off to relax and recharge. But working 60 days straight in the middle of nowhere is really pushing the limit. At the end of the interview, she told me to think about it and let her know if she calls for me another interview.

During the drive back home to Malacca after the interview, i started to think of the things that i hold dear to my heart and if i could leave all of them for 2 months at a time. Here's my assessment of the difficulty of leaving these things behind.
  • Newspapers (i read them everyday...i need to know wat's happening around me) --> difficult
  • Internet (news, email, chatting with friends & family) --> difficult
  • Friends --> very difficult
  • Family --> very very difficult
  • Football --> SIAO AR? DIE LA LIKE THAT!
Therefore, if she calls me again, i'll have to ask her whether she was just testing my resolve about working offshore and if it's actually 2 weeks off and 2 weeks on. If this is the case, i would be happy to go offshore to work and learn but it was 2 months, i guess it's a little too long away from civilization (and football) and it's not worth the high pay.

Anyway, i went jogging at Bukit Serindit last Sunday with Gary and Allen. It's my first visit there since my surgery and I manage to complete almost 2 rounds. I know, i know. It's pathetic but i think it's a good start and i'll just have to build on that now. Wow, do i sound like a football manager or what? Hahaha. The best thing about it was i manage to buy keropok lekor there. At last i found the place to buy keropok lekor although it's not as nice as the one in Nilai. But at least i get to eat keropok lekor whenever i feel like it now.

1 Comments:

At 11:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Monday pasar malam in bukit baru has the best keropok lekor. After 1 day, the thing is still as crunchy as the day u bought.

btw...im sure the all oil rig's have astro :))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home