Bitchings Galore!

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Boredom

I realised that i've not been updating my blog regularly. That's because i've nothing to blog about. Since i tengah menganggur, my daily routine is:

  • wake up (approx. 1030-1100)
  • eat breakfast
  • bathe
  • sit in front of the laptop (online, watch movie, chat, or watch tv show)
  • lunch
  • sit in front of the laptop
  • gym (if it's Mon, Wed or Fri)
  • tea
  • bathe
  • sit in front of the laptop
  • dinner
  • sit in front of the laptop or watch tv (CSI:NY(tue), CSI:Miami(wed) Rockstar:Supernova(wed), Las Vegas(thu), Rockstar:Supernova Results Show(thu), One in a Million(fri))
  • sleep (approx. 0200-0300)

As you can see, i spend most of my waking hours doing stuff with my laptop. Therefore, i dont have many interesting things to blog about. Maybe i can share and recommend the movies and tv shows that i've finished watching since i graduated.

  • Numb3rs Season 2 (Good show if you like maths. Like me.)
  • The Shield Season 5 (Very good show. Very realistic.)
  • Grey's Anatomy Season 2 (Accoding to my medic frens, the medicine part is real. They really get bombarded with questions by the doctors/lecturers. Dont know about the romance part though.)
  • Prison Break Season 1 (Damn good show.)
  • 24 Season 5 (Best show ever! The thrills and suspense were awesome. Jack Bauer is THE man.)
  • Munich
  • Syriana
  • Crash
  • The Constant Gardener (After watching this, you'll be thankful that you were born in this country.)
  • Domino
  • Green Street Hooligans
  • Inside Man
  • Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
  • The Shawshank Redemption
  • Goal
  • Transporter 2 (So-so only la)
  • Sky High (So-so only la)
  • 40 Year Old Virgin (Damn funny.)
  • Wedding Crashers (Damn funny.)
  • Ultraviolet (Please stay away from this movie. NOT RECOMMENDED.)

Anyway, i think i shall also answer some common questions posed to me by most of my friends. Just so that i have something to write about.

  1. Have you started working?
    No, i have not.
  2. Are you currently looking for a job?
    Yes, i am.
  3. Where do you want to work?
    Preferably in KL. Definitely not Malacca. I've spent 23 years here and i think it's time for a change of scenery. I hope to experience working offshore too.
  4. What kind of job are you looking for?
    Any job in the oil and gas industry that i could apply for using my degree in electronics engineering.
  5. Why do you want to work in the oil and gas industry? Why not in the electronics or semiconductor industry in Penang?
    In this industry, i'll be in the factory producing/designing/researching/programming electronics products for the whole day. Or maybe in the office sitting in an air conditioned room in front of a computer the whole day. I cannot stand doing that everyday because it's too mundane and i'm much too young to be sitting around in the office. The oil and gas industry offers me the opportunity to work in the field. Go out to sites, offshore or onshore. Go to new places and experience new environments. So, it's a different day everyday. I'm actually looking for a job as a field engineer. Anybody has any contacts or connections, feel free to inform me. :)
  6. How many applications have u sent?
    More than 10.
  7. More than 10 applications and you've still not been called for any interview? Do you think that you should starting thinking of working in another industry or maybe somewhere else?
    I've not given much thought on that. I still hope i can land a job in the O&G industry. If i cant find it in Malaysia, then i'll probably have to look for it in Singapore. My friend told me that there are quite many O&G jobs in Singapore. However, being a citizen of this great country, i want to do all i can to contribute to Malaysia. Therefore, a job offer from a Malaysian company is very much preferred.

I think that's all for now. I dont have anything else to blog about.

4 Comments:

At 12:24 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

banyaknyerr show yang ko tengok!

eh i want grey's anatomy episodes 24-27!!! u have it onot?

i can't find the torrent file for those la, damn.

 
At 12:49 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i got but my sister siang-siang sudah book. have to queue up lor.

pom pom pom...

 
At 11:38 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Midori, try finding the torrents on www.mininova.org. I dl-ed mine from there. If you want, I have the DVD for those few. I'm booking Glenn's DVDs for the rest that I have not watched. tee hee.

Glenn, you bringing up your laptop ar? See what I can curi from you. If not, bring up your DVDs.

 
At 12:12 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*pom cheng pom cheng*

hahaha! that time when I was watching grey's anatomy, they had til episode 23, so the torrent file oso til episode 23. Then I went to check the episode guide again, out of no where sampai episode 27. chaik!

Jade, pinjam those few episodes can? pls pls pweety plssss? *grins* malas gua mo d/l.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home