Bitchings Galore!

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Hard Disk Kong

Alrite, my desktop hard disk crashed on Thursday. Luckily i still have my laptop to surf the net, chat, download stuff and kacau chicks. Muahahahahahaha! But then, the bulk of my mp3s, digicam photos, notes (eh wait, i think i've transfered them to the laptop) and tv shows (mainly The 4400) are in the hard disk. AARRGGHHHH!!!

So, i spent the whole day (2-10:30pm) at my aunt's place, using her desktop to scan, test and recover data from the hard disk. Thank Ontrack for creating EasyRecovery Professional. It's a real saviour. I manage to recover about 4Gb plus of my mp3s out of the 6Gb plus i used to have. I left the 2Gb out cos i didnt really like the songs anyway. Good time to get rid of unwanted mp3s. I still counldnt find my folder of The 4400. Arrgghhh. Should have burned them to cds long ago. I'm regreting this very much. I've not watched them man. I hope people are still sharing them in bit torrent, just in case i cant recover them. I've also recovered most of the photos from my digicam. Some are corrupted though but most of them are good. Thank goodness.

I still have some data to recover. My dad and sis also have their own data to recover. After that i can reformat the whole bloody hard disk and hopefully still can be used la. If not 80Gb wasted man and a new one costs RM200 plus. So the important lesson here is that you should always back up your important data. Oh man, that sounds so cliched. But then again, it's so true. Now i'm gonna back up my mp3s into dvds man. No more regrets.

Not having my desktop is so troublesome because my laptop doesnt have a parallel port and my printer is an old junk which doesnt have a usb connector. Now i cant print my notes so i'll have to photostat them from chee wee (i do that sometimes anyway...lazy wanna print).

Anyway, i'll post pictures of my Final Year Project in my next post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home