Bitchings Galore!

Monday, August 15, 2005

The Long Wait Is Over

The long wait is over.
The Premier League is back.
Normal weekends are resumed. (That means no Akademi Fantasia crap)

I watched the first Premiership match last nite. Man Utd vs. Everton. I've been waiting for so long for the Premiership to resume. It's been a long two and a half months with sporadic football matches in between. The Confederations Cup was a good filler for the wait. Anyway, United played well last nite with occasional lapses in concentration at the back during the first half. Marcus Bent was a real handful after he came on for James Beattie, who got injured after 20+ minutes into new campaign. You have to really feel for the guy, getting injured after only 20 odd minutes. Rooney and van Nistelrooy looked sharp and Park Ji-Sung was really impressive. He should have scored on his Premiership debut, he had two clear cut chances that went begging. He reminds me of the Energizer Bunny because he runs and runs non-stop till he got substituted. van der Sar played well too. He saved 2 headers from Tim Cahill to keep a clean sheet. Overall, both signings look like very very good buys.

However, watching football is now also a sad thing for me. I want to play football so much. My legs are itching for football. I miss the running. I miss the feel of kicking the ball. I miss the joy of scoring a goal. I actually miss the shoutings and scoldings I get from the old guys. All in all, I miss football, a lot. I still don't know when I can start playing football again. I've not played any sport for a month now. My fitness and stamina are now zero and what tiny muscles I built during gym are all gone now.

I've set myself some goals for the coming weeks. I'm going to start jogging and gym again this week. I'm going to endure what ever pain there is. I'm not going to give up. I'm going to play football again. I'm going to score goals again.

3 Comments:

At 3:58 pm, Blogger thelinkinparkster said...

yeay the EPL season is back!

Park Ji sung rocks!!

Micheal Owen sucks.... and i really hope that i dont have to see him play in the EPL ever again... let's just hope that he sticks with real madrid.eyyy

 
At 4:02 pm, Blogger thelinkinparkster said...

and by the way....
shhh..... i'm in the office right now. I've my own pc already.... hehe...
and i'm onlining.... hahaa... bad huh....

oh well... back to work.

 
At 6:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh...no wonder can surf the net la

i didnt know u dun like owen...y u dun like him ar? cos he played for liverpool last time ar? hahahahahha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home