Bitchings Galore!

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Clinic

So it's been more than a month since anything's been posted. I dun have anything to post about, till now that is.

I went to play football on Sunday. Didnt really like that day's game though. Anyway, i was sprinting for the ball wif this other guy. The field was uneven so unfortunately my studs got caught in the ground at one part of the field. My whole body was moving forward while my left foot got stuck in the ground, causing me to twist my left knee and fall to the ground. I am thankful that i didnt snap my ligaments or break my knee. Thank God for that. Wouldnt want to not be able to play any sport for a year. That's seriously depressing.

The next morning, i went to visit Uncle Goh's clinic. Uncle Goh is probably the "fastest" doctor i've ever come across in my life. He can diagnose what ailment you have in about a minute.

Uncle Goh: What happened to you boy?
Me: I injured my knee playing football yesterday.

Uncle Goh proceeds to lift and lower my left leg.

Uncle Goh: Oh, nothing serious la boy. I'll give you some painkillers for it.
Me: Oh thank you. Do you have a bandage so that i can bandage my knee?
Uncle Goh: Sorry la boy. We dont have bandages here.

*excuse me? you are running a clinic and you dont have bandages? i wonder if you have plasters. utterly shocking.

Uncle Goh: Do you have any gastric problems?
Me: No, i dont.

*i dont see the relevance here. wat's gastric got to do wif my injured knee?

Me: Do you have any cream for me to rub on my knee?
*analgesic cream. those who dunno wat is that can go look it up.
Uncle Goh: Ok. I'll give u some cream to apply.

Me: Thank you doctor.

This took around a minute or 2. Super fast man this Uncle Goh. Then i waited to take my medicine from the dispenser.

When my name was called, i went to get my medicine. The nurse had 3 things for me:
1. Analgesic cream to apply on my knee (very relevant)
2. Painkillers (i dun use it though)
3. Gastric pills (wat the hell are these for? i've never had gastric problems in my life before. an injured knee will cause gastric problems ar?)

I dun think i'll be visiting Uncle Goh the next time i get injured or sick. I dun wan to be prescribed "strange" medicine that's not relevant to my injuries or illnesses.

*contributed by ys

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home