Bitchings Galore!

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Show Me Da Money!!

MB is a place with thieves, having inefficient department operations, slack staff, know-how-to earn big money LIBRARY by not informing someone about having to pay fines that will be accumulated each single day, starting from the day you borrowed instead of the day the books are due; unreasonable and dumb STAD(Student Affairs Dept.) head; no-brain APAC person who can't understand "dun wan flip chair, need tables for drawing"; laggard working staff from FINANCE,. But I have to say that one Indian SECURITY guy is quite helpful, approachable and nice as he got the lost book details from me and went asking around the main departments and blocks.

Let me elaborate on each.

LIBRARY
Something really really bad happened and it was a total disaster to me. The books I borrowed from my uni's library go stolen in the uni itself, in a classroom, in less than 5 damn mins!! Sad enuf to say, I haven't seen them at all till date. The fine's amount is increasing each day, which I wasn't informed until after 2 months plus, that was a few days ago! Maybe they had this stupid assumption that I should know about the fines procedures and charges. HELLO??? I never lose any books before this, how the hell am I supposed to know? Pls man, I dun go read the idiot lost book procedure for no reason. Now I have to pay a huge amount of fines for losing the books. I know I shouldn't condemn my own uni, and I dun usually curse things but…..Go to hell you blood-sucker. Acting like dracula sucking all the blood out of you! To that toot who took the books free of charge, I dun have to curse that idiot who will pay back in whatever ways…someday!! Dun wanna talk much here, it makes me sad..really.

STAD head
Mr Stad didn't allow me to enter the squash court as he was afraid that my shoe would leave marks on the floor which it wouldn't. Dumb! And he said to me that if I want to carry on with my squash game, I gotta pay RM10 as fine charge. That day, I decided not to feed this uni with that RM10 where nobody knows what the uni is using this money for. Not that we have better facilities nor have clocks in classroom nor fast computers nor having good and fast printers (this reminds me of my experience of printing in the lab some time ago)

APAC
I dealed with APAC twice, for two events. First was in Alpha where I was appointed as the MMUsic concert secretary. Back then there wasn't any online rooms/hall booking so the process of booking the main hall and stuff was kinda complicated and lengthy. That was fine, though it sucked. For the second event, as a director of academic for Creative Arts Club, I gotta booked tutorial rooms for the drawing and painting classes every week. Thankfully there was smth called "room booking online system". So you think there wont be anymore problems? You're wrong man! First time I stated there "for drawing classes". They gave me tables and chairs. Second time, they started giving me clc tutorial rooms with flip chairs. I went to APAC office and asked the lady. She told me to put there " need tables and chairs" So the third time I changed it to "dun wan flip chair, need tables for drawing". Guess wat they gave me…flip chairs again! It's not that the rooms with the tables and chairs were fully booked or occupied. Too dumb to understand??? Poor command of english??? Too lazy to go thru the whole application form???

FINANCE
For the whole 4 years, there was only once or twice where I nid not Q-up for half to one hour juz to pay fees. I usually pay my fees like 2 or 3 weeks before finals but by that time, the finance office is already jam packed with students. It's common sense that when there are more students coming in to settle their fees, you should speed up and work at a faster pace. But it seems like there is no difference, or perhaps they have tried their best, juz that the intranet connection is slow? Besides, for quite a few sems, after you have settled your fees, they still had not unbarred you from course registration.

FBL
Another thing that sucks was the uninformed cancellation of lectures and tutorial classes. That had happened for several times in these 4 years…Imagine you go all the way there and see a class cancellation notice on the lecture door. They think we get our car petrol for free, ya rite!

EXAM
Exam unit. You can't print your result transcript on our own, you gotta let exam unit do it for you. Fine! Then you can't pay RM10 to them, you have to go to Finance to pay and then hand the receipt back to exam unit. Wait for another day or so, then only you can collect the transcript. Stupid procedure!

Actually, I dunno why I ended up blogging about how bad my uni's depts are. Maybe it juz happened coz initially I wanted to explain why my grad trip plan didn't work out. And yeah, it was partly becoz I'm broke, having to pay the stupid library. Then somehow, I started complaining about the LIBRARY and then it continues with others as well. Hahaha. Anyway, stopping here…Ciao~

*contributed by cutie_rocker

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home