Bitchings Galore!

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Rest In Peace, Bro.

Dear Wafi,

I got a call from Gary at 3:40pm today telling me that you've left us. His words left me in shock for a few seconds as i dont know how to react to such news. I was actually planning to visit you this Sunday so that we could hang out together like we always did after gym. Even though the circumstances have changed, i'll still visit your family to pay my last respects to you. I just need to find the way to your house in Rawang (which you always called "the great city of Rawang").

I didn't expect you to leave so soon as you sounded so positive the last time i visited you (although Manika said the doctors gave you 9 months to live). You even asked me when are we going clubbing at Zouk again and if i've asked my company if you could do your internship there. Then, I promised you that i'll start rehabilitating my knee again so that when you recover, we can play football together again. Although we wont be able to do that now, i'll still keep my promise in your honour. I just realised how short life is and that i should do everything i can to do the thing that i love most again.

Anyway, it was great having you as a friend. Ever since Alpha, you've provided us with so many good memories; always saying "ape tu" when giving presentations in Sharimllah's English class, having fun in the same drama group as you (that's because each group had to lose a member to form another group with you as you didnt manage to find yourself a group), playing football beside the tennis courts almost every evening, bowling at Golden Bowl with Zhao, Jason, Fun, Gary and Ashwin, movies as GSC Mahkota Parade, making fun of lecturers during class, skipping class during the half period break, playing pool at Senyum, BBQ-ing at Soon Khong's place after final exams, going for mamak at Daud or burger at Kota Laksamana, gym sessions (where you'll tell me about the chick you are trying to tackle) and so on.

So, rest in peace, bro. Maybe we'll meet again in another lifetime. This lifetime was certainly too short for you. Thanks for the friendship and the memories.

Best regards,
Glenn
Alpha Group 9 Class of 2001-2002

group9 party3

3 Comments:

At 11:26 pm, Blogger Stella said...

He's up with God already. He's in a better place, not suffering with morphines now. May he rest in peace.

 
At 11:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this lifetime is definitely too short for you bro.
i have not finish teaching u how to swim yet.....

 
At 2:21 pm, Blogger anthraxxxx said...

My heartfelt condolences to Wafi's family. My bro was facing the same thing as Wafi. The doctors gave him 6 months to live, sadly he only lasted for 2 months.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home