Bitchings Galore!

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Legal Proceedings

I've been summoned to the Segamat Court because i've been sued by the owner of the car that i hit into last July. The fella is claiming more than RM 3500 in damages. I know i can never be a lawyer after i read the Butir-Butir Kecuaian Defendan-Defendan because seriously, i know i can crap and talk nonsense a lot but lawyers, they are on a whole different level. I was laughing like crazy when i read the Butir-Butir. One thing is for sure, lawyers are really creative people. Ok, i shall entertain you all by listing all the Butir-Butir and giving my comments on them.

Butir-Butir Kecuaian Defendan-Defendan

(1) Kegagalan untuk memberikan dan/atau menumpukan sebarang pemerhatian yang sewajarnya ketika memandu M/Kar No. MAL XXXX di atas jalanraya;
I was looking at the ass of your car when i was driving. Where else would i look when i've just turned into a street from a junction? It's not as if there's a chick who's crossing the road.

(2) Memandu M/Kar No. MAL XXXX di atas jalanraya tanpa waspada dan tidak bertimbangrasa;
I was considerate enough to brake so that i dont damage your car even more.

(3) Kegagalan untuk mengekalkan M/Kar No. MAL XXXX di dalam keadaan yang baik dan layak jalan;
Everyone who have seen my car knows that she's in damn good condition. Now baru reaching 70000km. Plus, my car is MAL and yours is JCX. Guess who's car is older?

(4) Kegagalan untuk menggunakan dan/atau mengekalkan sebarang kawalan yang berkesan ke atas M/Kar No. MAL XXXX apabila dipandu di atas jalanraya;
OK this is probably true because i hit the ass of your car.

(5) Memandu M/Kar No. MAL XXXX di atas jalanraya secara merbahaya;
This is the same reason why i failed my first road test. At that time, i thought it was because i didnt give goreng pisang money the tester. Hmm...looks like it's not because of the goreng pisang after all.

(6) Kegagalan untuk menyedari kehadiran M/Kar No. JCX XXXX di jalan tersebut;
I dont know what you all would think after you read this sentence but the first time i read it, i thought it implied that i was driving with my eyes closed or i was driving while looking backward.

(7) Memandu M/Kar No. MAL XXXX di jalan tersebut melebihi had laju yang ditetapkan;
The speed limit at Lorong Pandan is 60km/h. I just turned into the street from a junction. The accident happened less than 100m from the junction. There were 4 people in my car. I'm lazy to do the calculations but logically, an Iswara couldn't accelerate that fast.

(8) Kegagalan untuk membrek M/Kar No. MAL XXXX pada masa yang tepat atau sama sekali bagi mengelakkan pelanggarang tersebut;
This i admit is true. If i had, there wouldnt be an accident, would it?

(9) Memandu M/Kar No. MAL XXXX di atas jalanraya dengan tergopoh-gapah mementingkan diri sendiri, leka dan cuai;
It's a repetition of No. (5). I dont understand wat has selfishness got to do with driving. Can someone give me an example of driving selfishly?

(10) Kegagalan untuk mengambil sebarang langkah yang munasabah bagi mengelakkan pelanggaran di antara bla bla bla;
Isnt this the same as No (3), (4), (5) and (8)?

(11) Kegagalan untuk mematuhi peruntukkan undang-undang di bawah Akta Pengangkutan Jalan, 1987 dan kaedah/peraturan yang diperbuat di bawahnya.
I dont know what law is this so i cant comment on it.

Anyway, the most hilarous part about all these details is that i could say exactly the same thing about the fella. It's because he himself kissed the first car's ass. So everything said about me can be said about him. It's like the pot calling the kettle black.

Oh and another thing, the Bahasa Malaysia used by the law firm is horrendous. I know you probably graduated from a university overseas, but you are practising law in Malaysia and the medium of communication and proceedings in the courtrooms is Bahasa Malaysia. So, please do use correct Bahasa Malaysia when dealing with official matters.

P/S: To refresh your memories, 3 cars were involved in the accident. The first car who did the illegal u-turn and who appears to have gotten away scot free. The middle car, who by the way is the one who is suing me, and my car, who by the way is being sued by the middle car.

7 Comments:

At 2:31 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

too bad mummy do not get the joke. the lawyers cant come up with good reasons so they have no choice but to repeat in a different way. NASIB i never study law! wah ha ha :รพ

 
At 9:59 am, Blogger J*my said...

Hey, I reread ur accident post again and din the guy said it wasn't ur fault that U couldn't avoid it on time? So, I'm kinda blur blur when I read that he is suing you now. I thought the damages to his car were settled through insurance claiming..mana tau kena go court pula... ish.. btw, the no 9)of the butir-butir kecuaian defendan should be for the idiotic driver who made the illegal u-turn. That's driving selfishly.

 
At 11:35 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yalo y tat felle sue u ar? not claim from insurance dy meh?

 
At 8:01 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jamie: In the real world, you have to expect these things to happen. I know that we are still young and since we're kids, we trust our friends to honour what they've said to us. If you accidentally smashed my toy car, i'll say it's alright, i'll just get it fixed or get a new one. I wont say it's alright then give you the bill for the new toy. However, trust and honour are really difficult to come by in the real world. So, you'll have to get used to these kinda things.

ccw: I also dunno why the fella is suing me. I'll let you know when i get more info.

 
At 9:08 pm, Blogger J*my said...

haha... I know that lar...u misinterpret what I typed...just like u said that trust and honour are really hard to come by... the point I was getting was since your car is insured, so he should get to claim it through that ma...but instead until kena sue pula... that's wht making me confused. hehehe... neways,ur latest blog adi answered the question... =)

 
At 9:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jamie: Oh, i'm really sorry about that. Thousand apologies.

 
At 11:32 pm, Blogger -m- said...

tercacat man..

i tot he was quite cool about the accident thingy, not blaming u and all. fuck kena sue sial! where got such thing? and ya lor, this kinda thing, claim insurance can adi la. wat's the big deal.

i oso kena before. only thing is that i was the middle car. i claim from the fler's insurance. now u gave me an idea, i should sue the person who smashed my ass that time. kan kan kan??

and about the butir butir, their lawyers la.. pusing number one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home